Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

history

History should stay as it is, history. The past should not be allowed to haunt the future. We will all have our fair share of historical baggage. What we have experienced in the past shaped us and changed us into the person we are today. I have changed, I feel for the better. Because most of my fundamental notions towards the idea of love has not changed, yet, I am finally able to curb some of that irrational feeling. I feel more in control le. Yet, I'm also more afraid. Gone are the days where I actually believe that love can conquer all. Gone are the days that pain, even excessive amount of it is worth it. Gone are the days that I'm foolhardy. Or maybe, because I'm not deeply in love at the moment. With love, I'm not afraid of the pain, the heartbreak that comes along with it, I'm only afraid of the fact that I will lose control of myself. Losing control, not doing the rational thing scares me. Everything can just spiral down into a vicious cycle where one attempts to hang on to an illusion, false hope and lead to just more and more pain. The difficulty of breaking out of the cycle is very scary indeed.

Today, I finally had closure. Painful, a very painful closure. But, it was worth the pain. Despite the pain, I felt light again, free even. Free from the chains of enslavement. No longer a fish.. or maybe a fish in the deep vast ocean. haha, sighz..the taste of freedom is so sweet. Happiness is the only thing that really matters. :)

6 comments:

juliet said...

u quoted me!! :p

Merely A Messenger said...

I agree... freedom and happiness are the two most important things in life, at least for me. I mean, love is important, but if love can't bring you other tangible and intangible stuff, will it still be worth having? i'm not sure.

fallen angel said...

haha, yes, juliet, thanks for this brillant line that you said to me, 'you have historical baggage.' :p

Zhixiang, I'm not sure too. Love is a tad too irrational to be able to comprehend and dissect with confidence. But, freedom and happiness must be ranked at around the same level as love. :)

xxoos said...

erm... think i better not say too much...
*hugs*

Poo said...

Haha I got rejected recently myself...depressed at first, but lucky got people like you to help me cheer up. Now I don't really care I got rejected hahaha

fallen angel said...

:) Glad I can still cheer you up. Gambatte, my best friend. May you find the right girl soon.